[Freeipa-users] AD PDC change

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Wed Jul 6 08:14:45 UTC 2016

On Wed, 06 Jul 2016, Lachlan Musicman wrote:
>Can I just confirm - the IT team are about to migrate our PDC across town.
>
>I presume that the trust relationship is with the domain, not the actual
>machine itself. So our IPA server will just see the new PDC and everything
>will be smooth?
>
>No need to change any config or create a new trust?
Correct. The information about trust relationship is stored in AD LDAP
and as such replicated across all domain controllers.

There might be a period of outage when PDC is not online yet but already
announced in the DNS records. At this time SSSD would ideally switch to
another DC.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy