[Freeipa-users] Sync & BaseDN change

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Thu Jul 7 12:50:12 UTC 2016

On 7.7.2016 01:44, Brad Cesarone wrote:
> I have two questions
> 1) Is it possible to sync/replicate with another ldap server? i.e Oracle
> Identity Manager

IPA provides one-time import script called ipa-migrate-ds, see
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Identity_Management_Guide/using-migrate-ds.html

It does not have any run-time synchronization capabilities.

> 2) If #1 is true, is it possible to sync with two different suffixs?

No.

> 3) Is it possible to either install IPA with a custom ldap Suffix or change
> the suffix once it is created?

No, the suffix is derived from Kerberos realm and stays the same for lifetime
of the IPA installation.

What are you trying to achieve? Maybe we can approach it from a different angle.

--
Petr^2 Spacek