[Freeipa-users] Creating roles tutorial/how-to

Larry Rosen larry.rosen at JDRSolutions.com
Fri Jul 8 16:29:34 UTC 2016

I want a role the user snapmgr belongs to that can add, delete snapon group member users and reset/change their passwords and unlock their accounts

When I login as snapmgr and attempt to reset the password of user snaptestuser1 (member of snapon group), it fails with "Insufficient access: Insufficient access rights".

What did I miss?  What are the minimum permission effective attribs are needed to be checked?

OK, so I created:

1)  A user snapmgr to the be group manager, able to reset passwords of snapon users (members of the snapon group)
2)  A role named snapon-manage, and assigned user snapmgr as the member user
3)  A privilege named snapon_management_privileges
4)  A permission named snap_user_passwd, assigned to the snapon_management_privileges privilege, which is assigned to the snapon-manage role

PERMISSION SETTINGS:
	Bind rule type:  x  permission
	Granted rights:
		x  read
		x   write
		x   add
		x   delete
		x   all
TARGET:
	Type:  user

	Tagret DN:  blank

	Member of group:  snapon

	Effective attributes:
		x description
		x ipasshpubkey
		x homedirectory
		x userpassword
		x krbprincipalname
		x krblastadminunlock

Larry Rosen - Linux System Administrator
JDR Solutions, Inc
8606 Allisonville Road, Suite 245
Indianapolis, IN 46250
www.jdrsolutions.com