[Freeipa-users] Unable to ssh after establishing trust

pgb205 pgb205 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 12 18:40:22 UTC 2016

+freeipa-users list

      From: pgb205 <pgb205 at yahoo.com>
 To: Sumit Bose <sbose at redhat.com>
 Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 2:12 PM
 Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] Unable to ssh after establishing trust

Sumit, thanks for replying
So the first issue is my fault, probably from when I was sanitizing logs.
our active directory domain is ad_domain.local, but users would expect to login as userid at ad_domain.com or just userid.for ipa the kerberos realm is IPA_DOMAIN.INTERNAL and domain is ipa_domain.internal.
ewr-fipa_server used to be old trial server so I am not sure why it's still in the dns lookup results. I'll check this part further.
Lastly. only the connection to one of the domain controllers on AD side is open. As discussed previously with Alexandr BokovoyI forced, in /etc/krb5.conf, a connection to this single, accessible domain controller. Are there any other files where I would needto lock down the connections between ipa->ad so that all traffic goes to specific active directory domain controller?
thanks again for replying so quickly.