[Freeipa-users] IPA HBAC access using SSSD for user in trusted AD domain (RHEL 6.8)

Justin Stephenson jstephen at redhat.com
Tue Jul 12 21:12:54 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am assuming this is the AD trust user that is having the problem with
HBAC, in my testing I was only allowed access when the HBAC rule is
linked to the IDM POSIX AD trust group and not the external group used
to retrieve AD trust users. I noticed the following in the logs which is
why I mention this:

    /(Tue Jul 12 13:30:12 2016) [sssd[be[ipa.cri.uchicago.edu]]]
    [hbac_user_attrs_to_rule] (0x2000): Added non-POSIX group
    [cri-cri_server_administrators_external] to rule
    [cri-cri_server_administrators_allow_all]/

If this does not help, could you share with us more about the HBAC rule
'cri-cri_server_administrators_allow_all' and how it is configured?

         # ipa hbacrule-show 'cri-cri_server_administrators_allow_all'

Kind regards,

Justin Stephenson