[Freeipa-users] Freeipa replication issue

Mark Reynolds mareynol at redhat.com
Thu Jul 14 14:26:30 UTC 2016

On 07/14/2016 10:10 AM, Stefan Uygur wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
> Thanks for a quick reply first of all and to be honest actually I have tried that link too, it didn't work either.
>
> This is my ipa version: ipa-server-3.0.0-47.el6_7.2.x86_64 and the system is RHEL 6
>
> When I reproduce the last step of the instructions you provided:
>
> ldappasswd -h localhost -ZZ -p 389 -x -D "cn=Directory Manager" -W -T dm_password
> Enter LDAP Password:
> ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)
>
> Or trying this one (because I am not sure if I have dogtag 10):
>
> ldappasswd -h localhost -ZZ -p 7389 -x -D "cn=Directory Manager" -W -T dm_password
> Enter LDAP Password:
> Result: No such object (32)
> Additional info: No such Entry exists.
The problem here is that "cn=directory manager" does not exist in a
database.  It only exists in the cn=config entry, so ldappasswd will not
work.  You must follow this process:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/10/html/Administration_Guide/dirmnger-pwd.html#dirmnger-pwd-Resetting_Passwords

But I'm not sure if your problem is the directory manager account
though.  You need to look through the Directory Server access log for
"err=49" (/var/log/dirsrv/slapd-INSTANCE/access), and see which BIND dn
is failing.  It could be a different user/account.

Mark