[Freeipa-users] Please Provide the IPA Client Configuration Doc for Ubuntu 12.04, 14.04

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Fri Jul 15 07:59:44 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 11:41:03AM +0530, Visakh MV wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I forgot to describe the actual requirement on IPA client machines, which
> we needs to configure client machine SUDO privilege from FreeIPA server for
> IPA Server users. after configuring client machines can able to login as a
> IPA user but unable to give sudo privilege from.  Please revert back your
> kind response

We don't have any special Ubuntu guide, the client setup should be the
same as on RHEL though, just ipa-client-install.

About sudo, I don't know what sssd version there is on Ubuntu 12, but
if it's an old version (<1.9) you might need to configure
sudo_provider=ldap. With more recent versions, sudo_provider=ipa is
already included.