[Freeipa-users] SSSD with LDAP not showing secondary groups

Sullivan, Daniel [AAA] dsullivan2 at bsd.uchicago.edu
Sun Jul 17 02:48:49 UTC 2016

Also, you also might be able to tweak ldap_user_member_of, if you login to a DC and kinit to an IPA user and then ldap query, you should be able to get the LDIF record for a user, i.e.

1) kinit s.cri.ipa-idprovisioner at IPA.CRI.UCHICAGO.EDU<mailto:s.cri.ipa-idprovisioner at ipa.cri.uchicago.edu>
2) ldapsearch -x -b dc=ipa,dc=cri,dc=uchicago,dc=edu

Based on that you should be able to tune your LDAP parameters for SSSD.

Out of curousity is there any reason you are not using the IPA provider instead of LDAP (in SSSD)?

Dan