[Freeipa-users] Unable to ssh after establishing trust

Simpson Lachlan Lachlan.Simpson at petermac.org
Tue Jul 19 23:30:28 UTC 2016

From: freeipa-users-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:freeipa-users-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of pgb205
Sent: Wednesday, 20 July 2016 5:28 AM
To: Sumit Bose
Cc: Freeipa-users
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] Unable to ssh after establishing trust

well...I'm not sure what I changed, if anything, but I am able to login with my AD credentials. I have restarted ipa server and cleared sss_cache, so maybe that helped.

A few other things still remain though:

right now im logging in as jsmith at ADDOMAIN.LOCAL<mailto:jsmith at ADDOMAIN.LOCAL>
I would want it to be either jsmith at ADDOMAIN.COM<mailto:jsmith at ADDOMAIN.COM>
or better yet
jsmith  --without specifying the domain name.

How can this be accomplished?

[Lachlan Simpson]

You are looking for the default_domain_suffix setting in the sssd stanza of /etc/sssd/sssd.conf

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/sssd-user-ids.html

Cheers
L.

thanks