[Freeipa-users] Odd Password Issue Across the realm

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Fri Jul 22 18:40:16 UTC 2016

Auerbach, Steven wrote:
> I don't think so.  The sssd service is running on the client server. But it is configured with cache_credentials=true.  I also notice a key ipa_server = _srv_, ipa02.<<domain>>.local.  The thing is, that second name does was replaced a number of months ago by a server named ipa-r02.<<domain>>.local.
>
> Could either of these keys point to a problem?

Like I said, it sounds like it is offline. Given that one of the servers
doesn't exist makes this even more possible.

You need to check the SSSD logs. See
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/Troubleshooting

You can try killing sssd with SIGUSR2 which will try to put it into
online mode (see man sssd).

rob