[Freeipa-users] Could not find cert: Signing-Cert : File not found

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Mon Jul 25 22:08:05 UTC 2016

Linov Suresh wrote:
> We are using CentOS 6.4/FreeIPA 3.0.0
>
> LDAP/Apache certificates were expired and when we tried to renew, we
> found Signing-Cert is missing.
>
> # certutil -L -d /etc/httpd/alias -n Signing-Cert certutil: Could not
> find cert: Signing-Cert : File not found
>
> How do we recreate Signing-Cert certificate? We use master-master
> replica. Please help.

Only the initial master got a signing cert IIRC. It was used to sign the
Firefox configuration jar. Are you using this? Recent versions of
Firefox don't allow this kind of signed jar anymore and it has been
dropped upstream.

Are you just trying to be thorough or is this causing some real problem?

rob