[Freeipa-users] who did what on IPAv3 - auditing

Prashant Bapat prashant at apigee.com
Tue Jul 26 11:45:52 UTC 2016

What we have done this as follows.

1. For all the changes, happening thru IPA APIs (either cmd line of WebUI)
you can capture these in the httpd error logs. We trigger alert emails on
important events such as new user addition etc.

2. For everything including the above, you can always enable the 389 ds
ldap audit logs. Refer to this link
<http://directory.fedoraproject.org/docs/389ds/design/audit_improvement.html>
.

Both these logs are sent to a central logging system for storage and
retrieval.