[Freeipa-users] AD trust with POSIX attributes

Justin Stephenson jstephen at redhat.com
Tue Jul 26 19:37:43 UTC 2016

As Alexander mentioned, the LDAP schema still exists to add POSIX
attributes to users and groups in AD but IDMU simply provides a
convenient Graphical interface to manage this. You should still be able
to use powershell or other windows tools to modify POSIX attributes
going forward, but in general a lot of users are moving towards sssd
automatic ID mapping which means there is no administrative management
of uid/gid values.

There may be some other purpose for IDMU that I am not aware of...

Kind regards,

Justin Stephenson