[Freeipa-users] ipa-client install failurres, Could not resolve host: ipa-master-in.xyz.com; Unknown error

Rakesh Rajasekharan rakesh.rajasekharan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 17:29:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am running ipa server 4.2 and set it up without using "--setup-dns=no".

On few clients the installation fails with the below error message.

I verified that the ipa master dns is resolvable. Not sure what could be
wrong here..

Joining realm failed: libcurl failed to execute the HTTP POST transaction,
explaining:  Could not resolve host: ipa-master-in.xyz.com; Unknown error

Use ipa-getkeytab to obtain a host principal for this server.
Please make sure the following ports are opened in the firewall settings:
     TCP: 80, 88, 389
     UDP: 88 (at least one of TCP/UDP ports 88 has to be open)
Also note that following ports are necessary for ipa-client working
properly after enrollment:
     TCP: 464
     UDP: 464, 123 (if NTP enabled)
Failed to obtain host TGT: (-1765328203, 'Key table entry not found')
Installation failed. Force set so not rolling back changes.

I tried removeing /etc/ipa/ca.crt and delete any older certificates
"certutil -D -n 'IPA CA' -d /etc/pki/nssdb"

However, no luck yet..

any suggestions on how can I debug this..

Thanks
Rakesh