[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA 4.2.0 on CentOS 7.2 as replica of FreeIPA 3.0.0 on CentOS 6.8; cannot install CA components as replica, cannot promote to master

Sebastian Schäfer sebastian.schaefer at dlr.de
Thu Jun 2 06:59:21 UTC 2016

Hi Dan,

I had a similar problem when updating my FreeIPA. In my case it turned
out that the certificates that get bundled with the replica preparation
file were expired. This is due to the /root/cacert.p12 file not being
updated during the preparation process until FreeIPA 3.2.2

The file can be recreated with the commands from step 2 of
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/Change_Directory_Manager_Password

If that does not solve the problem, it would be good to see (part of)
the actual logfiles of your replica installation attempt.

Best regards
--
Sebastian Schäfer, M. A.

Telefon 02203 601-30 01 | Telefax: 02203 61471 | sebastian.schaefer at dlr.de