[Freeipa-users] how to setup apache reverse https proxy for freeipa web UI

Karl Forner karl.forner at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 13:00:36 UTC 2016

Hi,

My problem is:
I have an ipa.example.com server on the internal network, with
self-signed certificates.
I'd like to be able to connect to the UI from the internet, using
https with other certificates (e.g. let's encrypt certificates).

So I tried to setup an SNI apache reverse proxy, but I could not make it work.
I saw this blog
[https://www.adelton.com/freeipa/freeipa-behind-ssl-proxy] but I can
not use the same FQDN name for the LAN and the WAN.

I tried many many things, I could have the login form, but never could
not connect. What is the correct way of doing this ?

Thanks,
Karl