[Freeipa-users] Using our IPA CA as a trusted CA to sign ssl certificates

Bret Wortman bret.wortman at damascusgrp.com
Fri Jun 3 11:36:53 UTC 2016

So for our internal yum server, I created a new key and cert request (it
had a localhost key and cert but I wanted to start clean):

    # openssl genrsa 2048 > /etc/pki/tls/private/server.key
    # openssl req -new -x509 -nodes -sha1 -days 365 -key
    /etc/pki/tls/private/server.key > /etc/pki/tls/certs/server.crt
    # ipa-getcert request -f /etc/pki/tls/certs/server.crt -k
    /etc/pki/tls/private/server.key -r

ipa-getcert list shows it approved. I set up SSL in apache to use the
above .key and .crt, but when I try to run yum against this using ssl:

    # yum search ffmpeg
    Loaded plugins: langpacks
    https://yum.private.net/fedora/releases/21/Everything/x86_64/os/repodata/repomd.xml:
    [Errno 14] curl#60 - "Peer's certificate issuer has been marked as
    not trusted by the user."
    :

Is there a step I need to take on the clients so they'll accept this
cert as trusted? I thought having it be signed by the IPA CA would have
taken care of that.

    # ls -l /etc/ipa/ca.crt
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2546 Apr 28  2014 /etc/ipa/ca.crt
    #

---
Bret