[Freeipa-users] a bit off topic- samba + sssd => AD

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Fri Jun 3 14:22:23 UTC 2016

On Fri, 03 Jun 2016, lejeczek wrote:
>hi users,
>
>I have a samba and sssd trying AD, it's 7.2 Linux.
>
>That linux box is via sssd and samba talking to AD DC and win10
>clients get to samba shares, getent pass sees AD users, samba can get
>to DC's shares and win10's clients shares, all good except...
>
>smbclient @samba, in other words - to itself - fails
>
>session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
Do you run winbindd? samba in RHEL 7.2 as of now has a regression that
if you don't run winbindd, current code forbids establishing anonymous
secure channel connections to AD DCs as part of Badlock fixes. The
regression is fixed upstream and RHEL 7.2 packages are currently being
tested by Red Hat QE team.

If you start winbindd, this should not affect you -- if the machine is
enrolled into Active Directory domain. However, the Kerberos error below
makes me thinking you have some problems on AD side as well.

>and with smbclient -k
>
>gss_init_sec_context failed with [Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code
>may provide more information: Server cifs/swir.private.dom at PRIVATE.DOM
>not found in Kerberos database]
The statement above says your KDC for PRIVATE.DOM does not know anything
about cifs/swir.private.dom principal. Fix that problem and Kerberos
authentication will be working.

>SPNEGO(gse_krb5) creating NEG_TOKEN_INIT failed:
>NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR
>Failed to setup SPNEGO negTokenInit request: NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR
>session setup failed: NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR
>
>here is a snippet from smb.conf which I thought has relevance, I set
>it up following samba sssd wiki.
>
>   security = ads
>  realm = CCNR.DOM
>  workgroup = CCNR
>
>  kerberos method = secrets and keytab
>  dedicated keytab file = /etc/krb5.swir.ccnr.keytab
>  client signing = auto
>  client use spnego = yes
>  encrypt passwords = yes
>  password server = ccnr-winsrv1.ccnr.dom
>  netbios name = SWIR
>
>  template shell = /bin/bash
>  template homedir = /home/%D/%U
>
>  preferred master = no
>  dns proxy = no
>  wins server = ccnr-winsrv1.ccnr.dom
>  wins proxy = no
>
>  inherit acls = Yes
>  map acl inherit = Yes
>  acl group control = yes
>

>and in samba log:
>
>  domain_client_validate: Domain password server not available.
>
>I've tried samba user list, dead silence.
>
>many thanks,
>
>L.
>
>--

/ Alexander Bokovoy