[Freeipa-users] Using our IPA CA as a trusted CA to sign ssl certificates

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Fri Jun 3 15:02:15 UTC 2016

Bret Wortman wrote:
> I'm not sure I'd call what we have "success" just yet. ;-)
>
> You're right -- F21, IPA 4.1.4-1. I'll try the steps you outlined and
> see how we go.
>
> Rob, would you have just used the existing "localhost.key" instead of
> generating a new one?

No, I think you did the right thing, the default keysize was probably
still 1024 in F21. I double-checked the getcert-request man page and it
looks like it will use an existing key if one exists in the key file
passed in so I was wrong about that bit. You just didn't need to use req
to generate a CSR as certmonger will do that for you.

rob