[Freeipa-users] problem in sudo policy when target commands use local environment variables

Brennan, Paul J Paul.Brennan at itec.suny.edu
Mon Jun 6 15:53:41 UTC 2016

Hi Mitra,
   I'm not sure if '-H' is the best option for this. If I'm reading the documentation correctly, it sounds like that option only sets the value of $HOME to ~srvusr. You may want to try:

$ sudo -u srvusr -i /path/to/target_cmd

That should run the command using a login shell for srvusr, instantiating that user's variables.

Good luck,
Paul Brennan

(Apologies if this ends up in the wrong thread or something, I just signed up to this list.)