[Freeipa-users] DNA Ranges

Michael Rainey (Contractor) michael.rainey.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil
Mon Jun 6 19:13:20 UTC 2016

Greetings Community,

I have a question about restoring the DNA Ranges on my IPA servers.  A
couple of weeks ago I took down one of my servers which involved a few
issues I had created for myself, but luckily I managed to recover.
Today I noticed that the DNA Ranges on the retired server was not
carried over to the new server.  After checking my other servers, I also
noticed none of the other servers have any ranges set.  So, my primary
question is; if I reset the range values to what they were on the
retired server to the new server, do I run the risk of generating
duplicate UIDs and GIDs, or should I set a new range to prevent
duplicate values?

At this point, I haven't found anything in my research which matches my
current scenario.

Thanks in advance.

--
*Michael Rainey*