[Freeipa-users] [FreeIPA 4.3.0] CentOS 6.8 sudo fails

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Tue Jun 7 20:43:27 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jun 07, 2016 at 08:21:21PM +0000, Nathan Peters wrote:
> I have a fresh installation of CentOS 6.8 joined to a FreeIPA 4.3.0 domain on Fedora 23.
>
> When I try to sudo on this host, it fails.  Here are the log entries from /var/log/secure.  Note that we have several hundred CentOS 6.5-6.7 machines where this works fine.
>
> Is this a new bug in CentOS 6.8?

It's true that in 6.8, the sudo part was changed quite a bit, but we
haven't heard about any bugs so far. Could you please follow:
    https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/HOWTO_Troubleshoot_SUDO
and also:
    https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/Troubleshooting
to inspect SSSD logs? For authentication failed you'll probably want to
take a look at the domain logs and maybe the krb5_child.log