[Freeipa-users] sessions failing when using different hostname

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Wed Jun 8 07:42:42 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 08, 2016 at 09:29:09AM +0200, Martin Kosek wrote:
> On 06/01/2016 07:48 PM, Anthony Clark wrote:
> >
> > I'm somewhat at a loss to debug this further.  I was wondering if the session
> > storage is somehow bound to the original host name.  Is there a way to check
> > and/or configure this?
> >
> > Alternatively is there a guide out there for enabling additional host names for
> > the web UI in FreeIPA?
>
> Good question. I see there was no reply for this thread (note that most of the
> developers are finishing FreeIPA 4.4 release) yet, CCing Petr to advise.

Karl F. asked similar question a day later and I've provided description
for this requirement at

	https://www.adelton.com/freeipa/freeipa-behind-proxy-with-different-name

The setup does not work all that well for Anthony as mentioned in the
other thread but we will debug it from here.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Senior Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat