[Freeipa-users] [FreeIPA 4.3.0] Limits exceeded for this query

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Wed Jun 8 08:51:39 UTC 2016

On 8.6.2016 10:45, Martin Kosek wrote:
> On 06/07/2016 09:08 PM, Nathan Peters wrote:
>> I get this when doing almost anything on only one of my Fedora 23 FreeIPA 4.3.0
>> servers.  The rest work fine.
>>
>> This server also tends to crash quite a bit and the others do not.
>>
>> Any tips on what I should be looking for or how to fix that ?
>>
>> Some operations failed.
>>
>> Hide details <https://dc1-ipa-dev-van.dev-globalrelay.net/ipa/ui/>
>>
>> ·limits exceeded for this query
>>
>> Nathan Peters
>
> CCing Petr. I wonder if this is related to

It is most likely something else. #5833 happens after 30s.

Limits Exceeded error indicates that some query hit LDAP size or time limit.

More info will be visible on the server in httpd/error_log and
dirsrv/$instance/access log.

We need to know:
- which operation fails
- does it internally query bigger number of data
- what is the size and time limit configured

--
Petr Vobornik