[Freeipa-users] Yet another question about smartcard login... this time Ubuntu.

Michael Rainey (Contractor) michael.rainey.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil
Wed Jun 8 21:47:48 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have system running Ubuntu 16.04 running the ipa client 4.3.  I am
trying to enable smartcard logins through lightdm.  I have implemented
some of my previous configurations on my Centos 7.2 systems.  Obviously,
there are differences between the two distros, so the big question is
what are these differences.  Has anyone had success using a smartcard to
log into an Ubuntu system using freeIPA IdM.

I have verified the cert_auth is set to true in the sssd.conf file.  My
certificates are installed, and the machine does recognize my card while
inserted into the reader.

Thanks in advance.

--
*Michael*