[Freeipa-users] IPA trust external DNS Default-First-Site-Name records

Jan Karásek jan.karasek at elostech.cz
Fri Jun 10 13:02:02 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am trying to setup external DNS for IPA with AD trust.
I have set all records in DNS according doc but in the internal IPA DNS I can see 3 more DNS records which are not mentioned in doc. They were set automatically during ipa trust-add commnad I guess:

_kerberos._udp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.dc._msdcs
_kerberos._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.dc._msdcs
_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.dc._msdcs

Could you please explained what are they good for and if they should be added to the external DNS as well ?

Thanks,
Jan