[Freeipa-users] it's a weird one - how AD users get into IPA ?

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 10 14:15:08 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-06-10 at 15:34 +0300, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2016, lejeczek wrote:

> > > Yes. If you enabled slapi-nis on IPA master but didn't establish
> > > actual
> > > trust to AD and instead added an SSSD configuration to lookup AD
> > > users
> > > directly, then slapi-nis will happily ask SSSD for whatever users
> > > with @
> > > in the name were requested by the LDAP clients and SSSD would
> > > look
> > > them
> > > up in AD.
> > but would entries from AD wound up in IPA's ldap?
> > I'm poking around and still am puzzled, I believe I've enabled nis
> > on a
> > replica but it's not doing it there, those AD users are not in IPA
> > replica ldap whereas they exist on the master.
> They wouldn't be in LDAP tree.
>
> cn=compat is purely virtual and is not replicated. The tree is
> populated
> on demand and if your replica is configured differently to the master
> w.r.t. AD trust or SSSD, you'll get different results.
so it's a square one then, I forget IPA replicas for now, only master,
while I'm looking at https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/slapi-nis.git/pl
ain/doc/nis-getting-started.txt
before I use ipa-compat-manage (to disable to test) - where in ldap
config (or anywhere) it says this plugin is on & working so I can be
sure?
And flat configs for sssd & krb are virtually identical on both IPA
master & replica, I just copied those manually to be sure, replica
still has no AD users entries.