[Freeipa-users] Password sync settings not working

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Mon Jun 13 07:35:53 UTC 2016

On 06/10/2016 01:59 AM, Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
> Howdy!
>
> We are trying to set up password sync.  I have read this:
>
> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html-single/Windows_Integration_Guide/index.html#password-sync
>
> I have added that attribute:
> echo -e 'dn: cn=ipa_pwd_extop,cn=plugins,cn=config\nchangetype: modify\nadd:
> passSyncManagersDNs\npassSyncManagersDNs:
> uid=admin,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com' | ldapmodify -x -D
> 'cn=Directory Manager' -w {{ ipaserver_dir_admin_password }} -h localhost -p
> 389
>
> However, when I reset a password as the 'admin' user, the user's password is
> still set to expired.  This is CentOS 7 with the latest FreeIPA there.
>
> What might I be missing?

I would try to double check that the passSyncManagersDNs is indeed filled
properly in the plugin configuration. Base ldapsearch will help.

Then I would also recommend checking your global password policy "ipa
pwpolicy-show" to make sure that you for example do not have the password max
life set to 0, which would cause this behavior in current FreeIPA version.

Martin