[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA – AD Trust Integration Option

Saqib N Ali saqib.n.ali at seagate.com
Thu Jun 16 15:41:56 UTC 2016

Hi Alexander,

I understand that with Trust to AD, we can use AD for System of Records for
the User Accounts.

We do want IPA to maintain the policies, but just want to use SunLDAP
instead of 389 Directory Server for storing the policies. From Enterprise
Architecture point of view, 389 Directory Server would be Yet Another
Directory Server in our environment. It seems an overkill if we already
have SunLDAP.

Thanks,
Saqib