[Freeipa-users] it's a weird one - how AD users get into IPA ?

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 20 15:30:42 UTC 2016

On 10/06/16 11:23, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2016, lejeczek wrote:

>>> users into
>>> sync
>>> 'trust-find'

>>> see it in

>>> uid=ccnrtest at ccnr.aaa.private.dom,cn=users,cn=compat,dc=private

>>> Check the DN, this is not the IPA tree (cn=account), but
>>> the compat
>>> tree
>>> (cn=compat) populated by the slapi-nis plugin. The
>>> intent is to make
>>> the
>>> AD users available to non-SSSD clients that can only use
>>> LDAP as an
>>> interface.
>>>
>> any chance this plugin gets included without user/admin
>> intention, eg.
>> during migrate-ds ?
> The slapi-nis plugin is enabled by default when IPA is
> installed because
> ou=sudoers tree is emulated by the slapi-nis.
>
>> is ipa toolkit or I have to go directly to ldap to
>> de/activate
>> plugin(s) ?
> See ipa-compat-manage

I've set up another replica, configuration on sssd and kdc
site virtually identical, nsswith too, ipa-compat-manage
etc. No trusts traces on both ends.
Master still(after reboot and sss_cache cleanup) receives,
or rather pulls AD's users, whereas replica(s) don't.
This is hilarious, but how is this possible?
I add a user @AD DC and on master I ldapsearch and first few
lines are:

dn: cn=compat,dc=private,dc=ccnr,dc=priv,dc=my,dc=dom,dc=local
objectClass: extensibleObject
cn: compat

dn:
cn=users,cn=compat,dc=private,dc=ccnr,dc=priv,dc=my,dc=dom,dc=local
objectClass: extensibleObject
cn: users

dn:
uid=bootccnr at ccnr.priv.my.dom.local,cn=users,cn=compat,dc=private,dc=ccnr,dc=priv,dc=my,dc=dom,dc=local
objectClass: ipaOverrideTarget
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: top
cn: ccnr boot
gidNumber: 1952400513
gecos: ccnr boot
ipaAnchorUUID::
OlNJRDpTLTEtNS0yMS0xMTQ0OTE1MDkxLTIyNTIxNzUyMTUtNzAyNTMwMDMyLT
  ExMzQ=
uidNumber: 1952401134
loginShell: /bin/bash
homeDirectory: /home/bootccnr at ccnr.priv.my.dom.local
uid: bootccnr at ccnr.priv.my.dom.local

dn:
uid=testccnr at ccnr.priv.my.dom.local,cn=users,cn=compat,dc=private,dc=ccnr,dc=priv,dc=my,dc=dom,dc=local
objectClass: ipaOverrideTarget
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: top
cn: ccnr tester
gidNumber: 1952400513
gecos: ccnr tester
ipaAnchorUUID::
OlNJRDpTLTEtNS0yMS0xMTQ0OTE1MDkxLTIyNTIxNzUyMTUtNzAyNTMwMDMyLT
  ExMzM=
uidNumber: 1952401133
loginShell: /bin/bash
homeDirectory: /home/testccnr at ccnr.priv.my.dom.local
uid: testccnr at ccnr.priv.my.dom.local

could it be that "compat" part happens only on master? I
mean - should only happen on master?(even though replicas
use ipa-compat-manage)
regards,
L.