[Freeipa-users] Replace with 3rd part certificates

Andreas Ladanyi andreas.ladanyi at kit.edu
Mon Jun 27 11:49:05 UTC 2016

Hi,

i try to replace the self signed certificate from the ipa installation
with this description:

http://www.freeipa.org/page/Using_3rd_part_certificates_for_HTTP/LDAP

ipa-server-certinstall -w -d mysite.key mysite.crt

The tool ask for the private key unlock passwort. The private key was
generated without passwort. I tried out to press only the enter key, but
it doesnt help. So iam confused. The certificate and keyfile are in PEM
format.

For testing I converted the private key with:

openssl rsa -in -out

because i want to know if openssl ask me for a password, but it doesnt.

My version number is FreeIPA 4.1.

regards,
Andreas