[Freeipa-users] How to migrate users with md5 and sha512 passwords

Joanna Delaporte joannadelaporte at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 20:29:08 UTC 2016

I am migrating an NIS domain to IPA. I have attempted to follow the
instructions
<http://www.freeipa.org/page/NIS_accounts_migration_preserving_Passwords>
for NIS account crypted password migration, but I haven't yet successfully
used password authentication to log in to remote machines.

The instructions expect I would migrate DES-encrypted passwords, but I have
a mixture of md5 and sha512-encrypted passwords. Do I need to follow a
different process, or am I chasing the wrong problem?

This is my first IPA realm.

--

Joanna Delaporte
Linux Systems Administrator | Parkland College
joannadelaporte at gmail.com