[Freeipa-users] Best practices on enrolling existing hosts.

Danila Ladner ladner.danila at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 14:32:18 UTC 2016

Hello folks.
What are the best practices on enrolling existing hosts in infrastructure
into FreeIPA
What do we do with local users which are present on the hosts and overlap
with users in FreeIPA, should we remove local users? What happens to the
files, directories owned by them? Is it usually a manual process?
I was thinking creating some salt states since we have around 800 hosts to
remove local accounts, just not sure how i can remap files and directories
to be owned by ipa users, IPA users have same usernames but apparently
different GIDs and UIDs.
Would be useful to hear some insights on what folks do in the
implementation process.

Thank you,
Danila Ladner.