[Freeipa-users] Kerberos authentication from a third party app - Shibboleth

Prashant Bapat prashant at apigee.com
Tue Mar 1 14:56:00 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to use Shibboleth IdP with FreeIPA and Kerberos Authentication.
I'm aware of Ipsilon, just that Shibboleth is more suited for my use case.

I've installed ipa-client on a server and connected it to ipa. Shibboleth
is installed on this server and I'm able to get the Kerberos authentication
working. Documented here
<https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/IDP30/KerberosAuthnConfiguration>
.

However if I bring OTP into picture, authentication fails. Error message is
like "Pre-authentication information was invalid (24) - PREAUTH_FAILED".

Any pointers on how to make OTP work?

Regards.
--Prashant