[Freeipa-users] Cannot add password policy

Bob Hinton bob at jackland.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 8 14:48:17 UTC 2016

Hi,

I've been trying to add a password policy for an existing user group
called "services" in IPA version 4.2.0.

ipa pwpolicy-add services
ipa: ERROR: entry with name "services" already exists

ipa pwpolicy-show services
ipa: ERROR: services: password policy not found

ipa pwpolicy-del services
ipa: ERROR: services: password policy not found

ipa pwpolicy-mod services
ipa: ERROR: services: password policy not found

ipa pwpolicy-find
doesn't list it.

As an experiment I've tried to add additional pwpolicy entries. If these
fail due to insufficient privileges then I get the same symptoms, so
it's possible that this is what happened with the services pwpolicy.

How do I correct this situation?

Many thanks

Bob Hinton