[Freeipa-users] ipa replica failed PR_DeleteSemaphore

Ludwig Krispenz lkrispen at redhat.com
Wed Mar 9 16:21:50 UTC 2016

On 03/09/2016 04:46 PM, Andrew E. Bruno wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 10:37:05AM -0500, Andrew E. Bruno wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 04:13:28PM +0100, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:
>>> if the process hangs, could you get a pstack from the process ?
>>
>> I'd be happy to provide a pstack but can't seem to get the correct debuginfo
>> packages installed.. we're running centos7 and  389-ds-base 1.3.3.1. We haven't
>> upgraded to 1.3.4.0. How can I get the debuginfo packages installed for that
>> specific version.
> Nevermind.. i got the debuginfo packages. Attached is the stacktrace of
> our second failed replicate that's currently hung.
not sure, but the process could be in a deadlock, there are threads in
the retro cl and memberof plugin and we have seen deadlocks there. In
that case restart or stop would not be able to stop the ds process. You
can try ipactl stop and if the ds process is still running, you have to
kill it

> Should we systemctl restart ipa? What's the best way to recover here.
> reboot?
>
> Thanks again.
>
> --Andrew

Managing Directors: Paul Argiry, Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael O'Neill