[Freeipa-users] [requirements gathering] Notification system / hooks

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Wed Mar 9 16:19:24 UTC 2016

Dear users,

FreeIPA team is thinking about adding notification system (or 'hooks') to
various parts of FreeIPA.

If you happen to know about a use-case for hook or an event you want to react
to please let us know.

Example:
- As admin, I want to call my custom script when a host is deleted. (E.g. to
to do cleanup in our other internal systems.)
- As user, I want to get a notification when ...

Be creative and let us know as soon as you find the use-case.

Thank you very much!

BTW design page is on:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Notification_system
(but it is mostly empty at the moment).