[Freeipa-users] krb5_server in sssd.conf after ipa-server-install

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 13 11:27:28 UTC 2016

IPA install process configured in sssd.conf:

[domain/new.Domain]
cache_credentials = True
krb5_store_password_if_offline = True
ipa_domain = newDomain
id_provider = ipa
[domain/default]  # < this is ldap that existed before, kbr5
related options are new additions
autofs_provider = ldap
cache_credentials = True
krb5_realm = new.Domain
ldap_search_base = dc=old,dc=domain
id_provider = ldap
krb5_server = a.host

[sssd]
services = nss, sudo, pam, autofs, ssh
config_file_version = 2
domains =new.Domain

so here I wonder, what's the meaning of kbr5 related options
and why install process put it into default domain which it
did not include later in sssd section.

thanks