[Freeipa-users] ipa-replica-install IPA startup timing issue

thierry bordaz tbordaz at redhat.com
Mon Mar 14 14:20:58 UTC 2016

Hi Daryl,

Thanks for all the data. I will look at the pstacks. A first look shows
that you capture import, bind... so may be a complete
ipa-replica-install session.
I will try to retrieve the specific startup time to see what was going
on at that time.
If you have the time to monitor only startup, it will help me shrinking
the set of pstacks.
Startup of DS last > 1min. If you may start DS and as soon as the
ns-slapd process is launched, do regular pstacks. Then when you are able
to send a simple ldapsearch (ldapsearch -x -b "" -s base), you may stop
taking pstacks.

thanks
thierry