[Freeipa-users] cannot access keys in /var/lib/pki-ca/alias

Stephen Ingram sbingram at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 18:58:34 UTC 2016

I've run into a problem on a v3 IPA where several certificates did not
renew automatically with certmonger. I'm now, of course stuck and trying to
renew the certificates manually. I've managed to renew the WebUI cert, and
now onto the pki-ca certificate in the /var/lib/pki-ca/alias NSS store. I'm
trying to renew the Server-Cert there but can't because I don't seem to
have the correct password. I'm trying to use the same password as in
/etc/httpd/alias/pwdfile.txt, but it's not working. Does this store for the
CA use a different password?

Steve