[Freeipa-users] Error in IPA webinterface then DNS name contains \032 (<space>)

Troels Hansen th at casalogic.dk
Tue Mar 22 08:59:05 UTC 2016

I have noticed a bug in the IPA webinterface, under DNS Zones -> and clicking on a zone that contains a DNS record containig space (\032)

Currently, I get: "LIFX\032Bulb: DNS resource record not found"

However, after clicking OK, it displays the rest of the records.

Its in no way a pretty DNS record, but still working.
The reason for it being there is that I have enabled ddns updates from out DHCP server, and it works without any problems, except this crappy WIFI light bulb.

The DNS record is in the IPA database:

Record name: LIFX\032Bulb
A record: 192.168.20.252
TXT record: "009143ca16c9890339c7ec33825e0da5ce"

I can dig it:
# dig "LIFX Bulb.casalogic.lan" A
;; ANSWER SECTION:
LIFX\032Bulb.casalogic.lan. 1800 IN A 192.168.20.252

However, something goes wrong in the web interface.

I'm running IPA 4.2.0

--

Med venlig hilsen

Troels Hansen

Systemkonsulent

Casalogic A/S

T (+45) 70 20 10 63

M (+45) 22 43 71 57

Red Hat, SUSE, VMware, Citrix, Novell, Yellowfin BI, EnterpriseDB, Sophos og meget mere.