[Freeipa-users] Samba Integration with AD Trust

Baird, Josh jbaird at follett.com
Tue Mar 22 18:49:43 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm attempting to integrate Samba 4.2.3 with IPA 4.2 (RHEL7).  I have a kerberos trust established between IPA and AD.  I have followed the instructions on the wiki [1], but had some questions and problems specifically related to share permissions:

I'm having trouble with shares where I need to grant access to a specific AD user/group.  I have tried this and other variations with no success:

[shared]
	path = /home/shared
	writable = yes
	browsable = yes
	valid users = testsamba at ad.domain.lan

I have also tried:

	valid users = ad\testsamba
	vaild users= @ad\testsamba
	valid users= @testsamba at ad.domain.lan

What is the proper way to allow specific AD groups access to the Samba share?  I also tried nesting an external group in a POSIX group with no success.  Should I be using something other than 'valid users'?

 [1] http://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/Integrating_a_Samba_File_Server_With_IPA

Thanks,

Josh