[Freeipa-users] IPA 4.2: pki-tomcatd in terrible shape

Timothy Geier tgeier at accertify.com
Mon Mar 28 18:18:57 UTC 2016

> On Mar 28, 2016, at 12:53 PM, Thorsten Scherf <tscherf at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> On [Sat, 26.03.2016 03:26], Timothy Geier wrote:
>>  To follow up on this issue, we haven’t been able to get any further since
>>  last month due to the missing caServerCert profile..the configuration
>>  files /usr/share/pki/ca/profiles/ca/caServerCert.cfg
>>  and /var/lib/pki/pki-tomcat/ca/profiles/ca/caServerCert.cfg are present
>>  and are identical.   The pki-ca package
>>  passes rpm -V as well.   Are there any other troubleshooting steps we can
>>  take?
>
> Can you please check if the profile is available in the LDAP trees:
>
> # ldapsearch -LLLx -D "cn=Directory Manager" -W -b cn=certprofiles,cn=ca,$suffix

dn: cn=certprofiles,cn=ca,$suffix
objectClass: nsContainer
objectClass: top
cn: certprofiles

> # ldapsearch -LLLx -D "cn=Directory Manager" -W -b ou=certificateProfiles,ou=ca,o=ipaca

dn: ou=certificateProfiles,ou=ca,o=ipaca
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: certificateProfiles

> If this is the case, please check if the profile is accessable by the
> host:
>
> # kinit -kt /etc/krb5.keytab; klist; ipa certprofile-show caIPAserviceCert

ipa: ERROR: caIPAserviceCert: Certificate Profile not found

> I either suspect that the profiles have not been properly migrated to
> the LDAP tree or that some ACIs are missing to allow access to the
> profiles.

I suspect you’re right..I ran these same commands on a reference system and there was
a lot more output in the ldapsearches and the ipa certprofile-show command came back with
  Profile ID: caIPAserviceCert
  Profile description: Standard profile for network services
  Store issued certificates: TRUE

Thanks,