[Freeipa-users] Unable to join FreeIPA client to server

Adam Bishop Adam.Bishop at jisc.ac.uk
Tue Mar 29 14:42:37 UTC 2016

On 29 Mar 2016, at 14:29, Adam Bishop <Adam.Bishop at jisc.ac.uk> wrote:
> I could use a bit of help resolving this - full client debug follows. Both systems are running nss 3.19.1 which *should* support TLS1.2., so I'm unsure where to start fixing this.

Turns out to be a little easier to solve than I thought; the CentOS 6 client was running an older version of NSS than I thought it was.

ipa-client-3.0.0-47.el6.centos.1.x86_64 defaults to requiring tls1.2 , but does not depend on a version of NSS that actually supports tls1.2.

Manually installing an updated version of NSS has resolved the problem.

Regards,

Adam Bishop

 gpg: 0x6609D460

jisc.ac.uk