[Freeipa-users] Install/promote new CA old one corrupted before backups

McNiel, Craig craig.mcniel at pearson.com
Thu Mar 31 14:09:23 UTC 2016

I was installing a 7 host IPA with ipa01 being the CA and the others being
replicas of this node.  This was to be the production installation of IPA
and the admins/users started using it prior to the installation being
completed and before I had snapshots/backup created of the servers.

The ipa01 host disk was corrupted so I no longer have a CA just the other 6
nodes.  How can I install/promote or otherwise recreate the CA?  I have
looked online for instructions but, I run into issues almost immediately
with the accuracy for the version I'm using in the documenation as many of
the files it indicates need updates don't even exist.

Thanks

ipa-python-4.2.0-15.el7.centos.3.x86_64
ipa-admintools-4.2.0-15.el7.centos.3.x86_64
ipa-server-dns-4.2.0-15.el7.centos.3.x86_64
sssd-ipa-1.13.0-40.el7_2.1.x86_64
ipa-server-4.2.0-15.el7.centos.3.x86_64
libipa_hbac-1.13.0-40.el7_2.1.x86_64
ipa-client-4.2.0-15.el7.centos.3.x86_64