[Freeipa-users] migration user passwords from openldap to freeipa

siology.io siology.io at gmail.com
Tue May 3 03:20:28 UTC 2016

ok, after looking again at this, i've found that even with the admin users
it's not working how i'd like.

With the admin user what seems to be happening is that the users after
import *must* go to the /ipa/migration/ url and then enter their password.
Although it does now let them login unlike before (so i guess before i
hadnt used the admin ldap user to import from and hence didnt have
permissions as you suggested) However, i'd really like to avoid that
because we've got hundreds of users, mostly external to the company in
different timezones, and coordinating getting people to go to the portal
(and making it available to the internet!) sounds like a nightmare.

These users don't need kerberos credentials (afaik) as i just want them to
be able to bind against the freeipa ldap server. I'm happy for users that
need kerberos to have to go to the migration page.

Is there any way to avoid a user needing to go to the migration page after
importing the user ?