[Freeipa-users] is it possible to use 'ipa-replica' to syncuserbetween different suffix AD and IPA domain?

Matrix matrix.zj at qq.com
Tue May 3 06:48:46 UTC 2016

Hi, Petr

all steps listed in section 7.4 of Windows integration guide have been done.

user for sync is 'cn=ipa,cn=users,dc=examplemedia,dc=net'

and l have been verified it with ldapsearch, detail cmd as below:
# ldapsearch -H ldap://ipaad.examplemedia.net -D 'cn=ipa,cn=users,dc=examplemedia,dc=net' -w 'RedHat1!' -b "cn=users,dc=examplemedia,dc=net" -LLL -ZZ

and sync cmd is created by:

# ipa-replica-manage connect --winsync --binddn="cn=ipa,cn=users,dc=examplemedia,dc=net" --bindpw='RedHat1!' --passsync='redhatredhat' --cacert='/etc/openldap/cacerts/ad.cer' --win-subtree='ou=users,dc=examplemedia,dc=net' -v ipaad.examplemedia.net

after it has been created, i have also force-sync it.

# ipa-replica-manage force-sync --from=ipaad.examplemedia.net
Directory Manager password:

ipa: INFO: Setting agreement cn=meToipaad.examplemedia.net,cn=replica,cn=dc\=dev\,dc\=example\,dc\=net,cn=mapping tree,cn=config schedule to 2358-2359 0 to force synch
ipa: INFO: Deleting schedule 2358-2359 0 from agreement cn=meToipaad.examplemedia.net,cn=replica,cn=dc\=dev\,dc\=example\,dc\=net,cn=mapping tree,cn=config

root at ipaserver:/var/log/dirsrv/slapd-DEV-EXAMPLE-NET · 06:47 AM Tue May 03 ·
!41 # echo $?
0

Nothing error was reported. Any debug info or log i can provide for further analysis?

Thanks

Matrix