[Freeipa-users] How do I create single sudo grpoup for both Centos and Ubuntu?

Przemysław Orzechowski przemek.orzechowski at makolab.pl
Wed May 4 07:51:04 UTC 2016

Hi

The problem was unclear for me with ubuntu and altrough in theory
everything should work it did not so (checked fiew things that came to
mind like kerberos sssd logs pam and figured out some problem with pam
sssd integration so i went with the simplest solution (reinstall
frreeipa-client on ubuntus)

I fixed the problem with sudo on ubuntu 14.4 and 16.4 with
ipa-client-install --uninstall
followed by
ipa-client-install --domain=myfqdndomain --principal=admin --mkhomedir
then checking /etc/sssd/sssd.conf if the sudo is in servicess line (it
was prior to uninstall) and appropiate mod to pam so mkhomedir actualy works
for some reason afer this ubuntus started working
i skiped ubuntu 12.4 or now

currently im trying to get su and su - to work i mean restrict it to
fiew admin users from ipa and local root.

from other things i observed (not related to the sudo issue i hope) was
that most of the ubuntu hosts did not register theyr A record on IPA
wheras all Centos based hosts did (just added missing records for
ubuntus manually so its not an issue)

Next step after i get su right will be search for a way to get
virt-manager work over ssh X forwarding for IPA users works for local
accounts only right now

Regards
Przemysław Orzechowski