[Freeipa-users] get freeipa to update ad users and groups more often

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Wed May 4 14:41:36 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 04, 2016 at 04:20:19PM +0200, Rob Verduijn wrote:
> This goes especially for ad groups that are bested in ipa_groups
>
> ie :
> microsft group is defined as an external group,
> and that external group is member of an ipa group
> and that ipa group takes forever.
>
> Regards
> Rob Verduijn

All the work in this area is done by sssd on the server. The sssd there
runs a periodical task to re-fetch new external groups memberships every
10 seconds. So I would expect the group memberships to turn up after 10
seconds at worst.

Are you sure (from sssd logs) that maybe sssd is not going into offline
state and just consults its cache?