[Freeipa-users] Exposing LDAP attributes with hyphens in their names?

Jeffery Harrell sparky at charlietango.com
Fri May 6 17:12:08 UTC 2016

Hi. I’m very new to IPA; I only picked it up a couple weeks ago. So this may be a remedial question.

I’d like to expose, both via the CLI and the GUI, certain LDAP attributes which have hyphens in their names — e.g., "apple-user-homeurl.” The Param class rejects these attributes because of the hyphens; the name of the Param doesn’t conform to the regular expression so an exception gets thrown. This code does not work:

user.user.takes_params = user.user.takes_params + (
    Str(
        'apple-user-homeurl?',
        cli_name='appleuserhomeurl',
        label=_('Apple User Home URL'),
        doc=_('Apple user home URL.'),
    ),
)
Is there a sensible way of getting around that, or will I have to subclass Param and write a whole bunch of new code to get this to work?

Thanks very much.

Jeffery